1. Who is responsible for processing your data?
2. What data dow we collect?
In the course of performing our activities, we may collect data either sent by you directly or acquiredfrom another source. We collect your data – personal or otherwise – for various reasons which are defined in the following point (see point 3).
It includes the following data:
- your identifying information (surname, first name, position, work title, e-mail address,
telephone, fax and mobile numbers and address);
- your bank details (credit card number, IBAN and BIC/SWIFT) and invoicing details;
- our communications (by email or other);
- IT information (inter alia, pages you viewed on our website, the search engine and keywords
used to find the website, your browsing preferences).
3. Why do we collect your data?
We collect your personal data for purposes which include:
- Invitations to events organised or carried out by the EBI;
- Conclusion or implementation of contracts and other business relations;
- Transfer of your personal data within the EBI for internal administrative purposes (e.g. for the
- Ensuring IT security and IT operations;
- Engagement of service providers;
- Carrying out of compliance obligations;
- Ensuring the security of the building and premises.
4. How do we collect your data?
Most of your data is communicated to us by your active intervention, by providing us your information.
Other data may be acquired from another source.
5. Who has access to your data and to whom are they communicated?
Within the organisation, only authorised employees and honorary members of the EBI with the appropriate responsibilities have access to your personal data in order to fulfil the objectives pursued by the EBI (see point 3).
In certain cases, your personal data can be transferred to a third party, namely:
- To sub-contractors in the framework of activities linked to the mission of the EBI;
- To the competent authorities or any other legal entities to fulfil legal obligations or for purposes of law enforcement;
- In case of a joint event, to the co-organiser or supporting partners.
6. How do we keep your data safe?
The EBI takes all measures necessary (organisation and technical) to make sure that your data remains protected against data breaches (e.g. unauthorised access, alterations or disclosures; unlawful or accidental destruction or loss).
7. How long do we store your data?
The EBI keeps your data as long as your relationship with the EBI persists and for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued (see point 3).
8. What are your rights and how can they be exercised?
You may, at any time, request to verify, access, rectify, delete, transfer and object to the use of your data, as well as request the limitation of such use of your data. To do so, please send us an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. EBI will then make every effort to take the necessary action as soon as possible.
Lengthy legal proceedings do not benefit anyone. In the event of a dispute between us, we commit ourselves to give priority to dialogue and openness in search of an amicable solution and expect you to do the same. You may also contact the Data Protection Authority.