Working Group on Corporate Governance
The Corporate Governance Task Force brings together representatives of the Academic Members and Supporting Members to promote dialogue and research in the area of Corporate Governance. It facilitates an examination of current regulation through the lens of cutting-edge interdisciplinary scholarship and practical experience on issues including: remuneration; board composition; time commitment; risk management; diversity; culture; and fitness and probity. The Task Force also seeks to identify and explore new and useful avenues of research and to disseminate research findings. By engaging in such a collaborative exercise, it is hoped that the Task Force might make a contribution to the development of better regulation in this vitally important field.
Prof. Dr. Blanaid Clarke, Trinity College Dublin, is the academic leader of this Task Force and Olivier Beaume, La Fédération nationale des Caisses d’Epargne, is the Chair.
Prof. Dr. Blanaid Clarke
- Compile a list of Corporate Governance topics which are of interest to EBI academic, advisory
and supporting members and which merit further research.
- Encourage fellow academic members or scholars in academic members with an interest in the
aforementioned topics or to lead research in the individual topics identified with a view to
producing working papers for the EBI Working Paper Series and/or other publishing outlets.
- Facilitate the dissemination of draft working papers or contribute raw information and other
early stage research among interested EBI members on individual topics with a view to
gathering relevant data, sharing views, engaging in constructive debate and developing ideas.
Conference calls may be organised to facilitate this exchange of information.
- Encourage the organisation of workshops, seminars, and conferences to present the research
produced to a wider audience.
- Organise a panel at the EBI Annual Conference on a Corporate Governance topic from the
- Schedule a conference call at least three times per year to report to members of the Corporate
Governance Task Force on the work of the Task Force including its research priorities and its
research outputs. This will also serve as an opportunity to update the list of Corporate
- EBI Global Annual Conference on Banking Regulation
February 21, 2019 / 22 February 2019 – Frankfurt am Main, Germany (pls refer to Session 4)
- Culture, Diversity & the Way Forward
October 25, 2018 – Dublin, Ireland